söndag 30 oktober 2011

It takes courage to play in a world that does not play

While we are talking about having fun...
One of the few people that I have looked up to for almost my whole life is Ellen Degeneres. I have followed her career for so long that she almost feels like a part of my family. Weird huh?
But how can I not feel that way when she's been in my living room almost every day after school. For all of these years she's been making me laugh and she has teached me that all people are important no matter what their sexuality is. I have never even questioned it because it's always been so obvious to me. And even though I do have two very liberal parents who would never allow me to look down on someone for being gay, I am still convinced that Ellen was the person who influenced me the most to be open minded. But most important, open hearted. 
I feel proud in a strange way that she has this succesful talk show called "The Ellen Degeneres show". Because I was one of her fans all the way from the beginning. From the time that no one even knew that she was gay. It's nice being able to say that I was one of those people who stuck by her until she had made it all the way to the top and now is one of America's most powerful woman. And that power is truly in the right pair of hands.

Just watch this clip from when Ellen was still doing stand-up and had her hilarious TV-serie "Ellen". What she says about our inner child is brilliant and don't you all wish that we could do this!? Just run around on the street playing games with each other like it was the most natural thing in the world. For some of us it would be such a scary challenge to walk up to someone and do this. But at least we could start with our friends! (Or maybe our boss...) We barely play with our friends anymore! How lame is that? Kids rock because they aren't chickens like us who are afraid of every little thing.

Watch from 8:25 and continue in the video below!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar