The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham
Something that I haven't talked about a lot in this blog is my dedication to animal's rights. I have avoided this subject because I wanted this to first and foremost be a place to read about rock music. And also, I can talk about this subject for hours and hours so you guys would probably be pretty bored with me after a while. Even though I can't understand why you'd be bored, since it's such an interesting subject ;) ......to me......
But today is the Animal’s Day and therefore I would like to highlight certain things. I have never regretted my decision to become a vegetarian. I will never ever stop fighting for animal’s rights. As long as there are cats and dogs being burned alive in Ukraine, as long as there are pigs and cows being slaughtered under horrible circumstances in Sweden and as long as animals remain loyal to me… I will remain loyal to them. They haven’t let me down so far.
I see it as one of my main goals in life to speak for the animal's and to make people see the alternatives that they have. You don't have to stop eating meat. Just make sure to look up facts about the meat industry. It's not that hard to figure out where good meat and bad meat comes from! I can even help you find some good meat right now... here you go: http://www.gronahagarskott.se/
Sure it's more expensive than the meat that comes from your local grocery store (bad meat). But the more people who buys it, the faster we will lower the price on so called good meat. Because the meat industry will lose money. When no one buys it then there's suddenly no reason to slaughter the animals no more! At least not in the inhuman way that they are doing it now.
To make the circle complete, I'd also like to point out how incredibly important it is that we take care of our beautiful nature. I just saw an interview with the actor Ian Somerhalder who runs the IS foundation that aims to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures. He said something that I always tell the kids at kindergarten whenever they are damaging trees by ripping twigs away.
"Trees are our lungs. They take carbon out of the air and they turn it into oxygen. These are our best friends in the world. Why we wouldn’t want them everywhere is beyond me…"

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar