söndag 18 december 2011

I know we could live tomorrow, but I live today

It's hard to describe Laleh. This Iranian-Swedish woman has the voice of an angel and a prescense that she takes from the bottom of her heart and gives to the audience. The gift that she has to enchant people with her music was the reason for why she got to make a soundtrack song for the Swedish movie "Arn - The Knight Templar". It took me a few years before I watched it, but now I have and I understand why it got so popular in 2007. Not only does Laleh's music bring the movie to life, but the story and the actors are brilliant!
The movie contains many different langugages, so anyone in the world can watch. With some help from subtitles of course..
"The Knight Templar" and the following movie "The Kingdom at Road's End" is the story about Arn Magnusson who is part of the powerful Folkkung dynasty in the mid 12th century. He is the son of a high-ranking Swedish nobleman who is educated in a monastery and sent to the Holy Land. This as a knight templar to do penance for forbidden love with Cecilia Algotsdotter.

When the city has snowed over, and the farm has become white
Then you know that I dream, I dream you here
Then you know that I exist, that I remain in you
I love you
As high as you hear

Movie soundtrack. Laleh - Snö (Snow)

Laleh's breakthrough hit here in Sweden

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar