torsdag 24 november 2011

To be someone's exception, not the rule

This evening has been brilliant! I babysat the girls who I'm a Nanny to. Haven't seen them in ages so it was a joy cuddling with them in a big pile of pillows while watching the children's channel on TV. When I got home I finished watching a movie that I was recommended by a friend to see. It's called "He's just not that into you". The name of it doesn't sound very appealing, huh? But that's the beauty of it!! Finally someone has made a movie about how girls and boys are being raised differently. To show how that affects us when we grow up to become adults who are trying to find a partner. Apparently it is based on a book that was published with the same titel; the line is from "Sex and the City". I recognize myself so much in the character Gigi (Ginnifer Goodwin) who constantly is misreading the signals guys are sending out. But the one I recognized myself in the most was Anna (Scarlett Johansson) who uses flirting as a way of keeping guys at a distance. She is totally scared off when she's being offered a stable relationship, even though that is what she has always dreamed of... Hello me! 

Don't think this movie is a chick flick though, it's for guys too! Bradley Cooper and Ben Affleck are just some of the actors who are showing these scenarios from a guys point of view. Each of the characters stories are important for women and men to understand each other better. Watch it! It's so funny and great, you won't be disapointed!

Maybe the happy ending is this:  
knowing that through all of the unreturned phone calls, the broken hearts, through all of the blunders and misread signals, through all of the pain and embarrassment... you never ever gave up hope.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar