måndag 21 november 2011

For the record

In 2008 I saw a documentary on TV that I taped so I would never lose it. It's called "Britney Spears: For the record" and it means so much to me. I'm not particulary fond of Britney's music nowadays, but I can relate to her as a person. We all know about those crazy years she went through when people thought that she was going insane. When in reality, she was just a broken-hearted girl trying to protect herself from the world. In this documentary she clears up all of the rumors that has ever been said about her. But first and foremost she talks about depression. Not that kind of depression that comes and goes, but the one that stays for a really long time and makes you feel like life is hardly worth living. The kind that I have gone through. I can't help but to cry every time I watch this, because what she says goes straight into my heart. It hits the weakest spot in my heart, but also the strongest. And here's why....

I wish that every person on this planet could experience major depression for 24 hours straight. Not because I want to harm them. I want to open new doors for them. Those doors that were opened for me when I got out of my depressive state of mind. It was a revelation... not a religious one... but a personal one.
Depression is something to be thankful for, believe it or not. Even though you definitely don't feel that way when you're in the middle of it. I do feel blessed to have gone through this. And Britney explains why in the best of ways.

"It's weird. You can see the cruelest part of the world, but then on the other side you see the most beautiful part. It's like you go from one extreme to the next. And they're both worth it because you wouldn't see one without the other. But that cruel part is damn cruel and you'll never forget it. But that heaven.... is heaven. I've been to both places." 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar