Last night during Melodifestivalen (Sweden's Eurovision Song Contest), I saw an unfortunate pattern of nasty comments being written on Facebook. I am sad to say that some of those things were written by my very own friends. The comments were about this woman in the picture, who for a moment was on live TV in front of millions of people. I got so terribly angry when I saw my own friends wrting shit about this girl! It's so disgraceful and terribly embarrassing to mock someone who is being completely natural. Is our society THAT shallow and superficial, that this woman deserves to be bullied online? Can you imagine how she felt waking up today? This is not about having 'the right to an opinion'. This is about a young, brave woman who dared to show her true self with no shame, and then she was punished for it. And people are so used to having the right to comment on each other's bodies, so no one thinks about what they're really doing to her! This girl did not follow the strict norm or society's ideal and because of that she lost society's respect. Does that make sense?
I've had enough! I am so damn tired of this idiotic ideal of what beauty is and of people pointing out each others flaws. Look at the original picture instead and see how wonderfully happy this girl is ♥ See how much joy she experienced that night when she perhaps saw her biggest idol perform. She probably danced and created beautiful memories with her friends or her family. See how damn beautiful this picture really is, without focusing on the superficial.

Ja det där var helt sjukt :/
SvaraRadera