söndag 4 mars 2012

Blackrain in London 2012

Since it has been over two weeks since I came home from London I thought it's about time to sum it all up, haha! To start off I'd just like to explain that I am not the kind of person who usually travels all over the world just to see a band. It really has to be worth the effort and I always stay a couple of days longer so that I can at least experience some parts of the undiscovered city. The reason why I went to Paris was because that night was a huge deal. As a glam/sleaze rocker it was a dream come true to see Blackrain and Crashdiet play on the same night. And I only went to London because it was Blackrain's first tour there. It's very rare that they have gigs outside of France so of course I took the opportunity to see them again. Besides, they aren't just a band that I admire anymore. I have gotten to know them a bit better and they are really great guys. Me and my friends always have fun with them whenever we meet up!



The trip to London was really great. Me and Charlotte stayed at a Bed & Breakfast which was located right in the middle of Piccadilly Circus and all it's beautiful buildings! Charlotte's friend Lulu also stayed at the same B&B. She and Charlotte are both Swedes but ran around and trashed London in the 90's with all of their friends. It was one of the best things about this trip, that I got to meet all of her friends who are in their forties now. They entertained me for hours and hours about all the mischeivous things they did in the good old days. It was awesome!

On our first night we talked to the guys in Blackrain who were also on their way to London. And so we decided to meet up at a small bar called Garlic & Shots. My favourite French sisters Nat and Allie also joined a bit later. We honestly didn't think we would do anything special this evening than to just catch up, but pretty much everyone walked out of there pretty damn wasted. We turned that tiny little place into a freaking rock show!! The bartender (a Swedish girl funny enough) played Blackrain's music out loud and we all sang along. New guests that were coming in stopped and looked at us in shock before slowly making their way inside, haha. They probably weren't used to seeing their local bar being turned upside down.
Despite having such a good time we ended up going home quite early. And Lord knows I want to see the video that the guys shot of Swan on their way back to the hotel. He was sooo wasted and couldn't remember anything of our party the next day :P
Personally I'll never forget Swan's excellent performance of this Swedish classic, hahaha....

The next day we mostly walked around in the city and slowly got ready for the evening. Luckily me and Charlotte are very much alike in that way. We don't like to rush around and get ready in the last minute. We take the time to enjoy it and talk about every little thing we can think of, haha. It's pretty amazing that we get along this great considering that the only times we have met has been on a three day trip to Paris and on a four day trip to London. You know you like a person when you can live in the same room for that long without wanting to kill one another ;)

Before the gig we sat at a bar close by and talked to more of Charlotte's friends. Our friends Lou and Alma also joined to take part of the evening. Blackrain showed up after a while and I've got to say they looked darn fresh considering how last night had turned out, haha. But it was all good. And even though there weren't a lot of people at the gig, they got a great response and I had a blaaaast dancing around in front of the stage.
I am so easily affected by alcohol though that only a few drinks will make me go a little nuts. But that's what is so great about not drinking too often! You can have SO much fun and still remember everything afterwards.

 Photos: Alissa Ordabai

We wanted to go and try to find some bar to throw an after party. So me and my gang of girls waited for the guys to pack up all of their stuff. Fuuuck it was cold!! I just hugged Nat and Allie that hold time to keep somewhat warm. Unfortunately it was much tougher than we had thought to find an open bar on a Monday night in London. After walking around for like an hour (which explains the horrific cold I got) we ended up at some random bar which was alright. But by that time I wasn't really drunk anymore and just felt like going to bed and sleep. I stayed for an hour though since everyone else were having such a good time. We did actually walk down the street to see if we could find another bar after that. But when we didn't have any luck we all went on our seperate ways...
Let's just say that after two days of partying our assess off, me and Charlotte were pretty much stranded in our hotel bed the whole next day, haha.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar