fredag 13 maj 2011

The boy in the glass cage

I'm so happy that Sweden made it to the ESC final!! 'Popular' was hardly one of my favourite songs in the Swedish line-up and I'm still not very fond of the lyrics. They don't make much sense. But the melody is great and Eric Saade is an amazing dancer, good looking, charming and stubborn as hell! Now I actually think we have a good chance of ending up in the top 5. Here I would LIKE to add a "considering how lousy all of the other artists are we'll probably win" but unfortunately some countries are fond of those crazy people jumping around is goofy cone hats and greek rappers...
Anyways, remember what happened a year ago when Eric was the presenter for Sweden's points in ESC? Teenage girls all around the world adored him and made facebook-fanpages in his honour. Just for those 30 seconds he was on air saying "12 points for Germany".

His performance was a real nail-biter though! He had told the press during the week that the rehearsals didn't go very well and that the glass cage didn't explode as it should. He said that if the German crew messed up his performance in live TV he would just stop singing, because then he would be allowed to do it all over again. So when the time came in his live routine to be locked into the cage I got pretty nervous. "What if it doesn't explode!? Poor guy, he will be so disapointed and humiliated". And what happens? It doesn't explode! And Eric bangs on the glas windows like he is pissed off. Me and my sister literally screamed out "NOOOOO!!!" hahaha... yeah, we got really into it :P
But the fourth window ends up breaking apart so that Eric can get out and finish the song. I bet most Swedes who were following the show felt the same thing.... confusion. Great performance, but did something go wrong? Later we were told that everything had gone just as it was supposed to. Thank God! But couldn't they have given us a warning before that they had changed the routine?? xD haha, it was freaking nerve wracking! I bet they will make all of the windows explode in the final though. They're just saving them so they'll have something extra to surprise everybody with.


Now let's kick some Eurovision-ass on Saturday!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar