I have seriously seen a girl clinging on to a rock star for a whole night. I mean literally HANGING on top of his back like a monkey without even getting the slightest bit of attention. She finally got to have eye contact with him when he yelled "Leave me alone! Stop following me around!!!" straight into her face. He was the third rock star for the evening to reject her.
But then there are some women who have chosen this life style and who does it with such class that I can't help but to like them. One of those women are Pamela des Barres! Today I started reading her first book "I'm with the band - Confessions of a groupie" which was published in 1987 and has since then been re-published three times. I admire Pamela because even though what she did is frowned upon she doesn't regret it, because she had the time of her life! I'm not saying I'm going to become a groupie. I am saying I will do what I want in life, with the highest possible level of confidence. Pamela was always in control of what she was doing and not someone's low self esteemed puppet.
In the words of Dave Navarro
"Men, keep a box of tissue handy when you read this book. Women, try to keep your deep feelings of jealousy and hostility at bay... you know you wish this was your story."

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar