Although I do think that Nightwish lost a very important factor when they replaced their singer Tarja Turunen. I'm weak for opera rock when it has a fantasy sound and when the artists go out of their way to create fantasy clothes, shows and music videos. Nightwish's music is often described as symphonic power metal but I'd say the entirety of it should be called fantasy rock or mythological rock. It's enchanting and mystical.
The bands new singer Anette Olzon has a nice voice for sure, but there was something dark and mysterious about Tarja that can never be replaced. Anette feels more like a pop/rock girl to me which isn't what I want to hear when I listen to this type of music.
But sometimes a band just has to move on and if the band members feels like the line-up isn't working, then something has to be done. Tarja now works a solo artist which is going okay I guess. I wish she got better songs to sing because most of them are powerful, but hasn't got melodies that are interesting enough.
She's still going for the mythological look that I adore.
I wouldn't mind walking around in clothes like that all day long!
One of the few of her solo songs that has the same sound as Nightwish
Beautiful...

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar