söndag 25 september 2011

30 challenges in 30 days - 7

Friends
Well... friends come and go. Just like all the other people in your life, I just think friends sticks around longer because you have something to learn or gain from them. And you have something to give them back. Something that will change their lives completely or maybe "just" smaller things like opinions or choices.
Some of our friends stick around for our whole lives, which is a very long time. How is that even possible?
I think the reason is the same no matter how long or short-lived the friendship is. Just getting along with people aren't enough for them to stick around. If we don't gain anything from each other it feels pointless. And that is the difference of a friend and an acquaintance. I have plenty of people around me who I get along with just fine, but I'm just not interested in hanging out with them more than I already do.

I recently talked to my best friend (since 8 years back) and we both decided to "just" be friends. I had realised that my life was going a completely different way than hers. We were drifting apart and I felt like all our fun and interesting conversations had gone out the window. It was sad but at the same it felt like a natural development in our friendship that I couldn't stop. I have other friends now who I am very close to. But since me and my other friend ended things on good terms, I know I can always talk to her whenever I need it.




My three best looney tunes






1 kommentar: